Friday, August 28, 2015

I Notice You Have Cheese

Recently we drove to Oregon for a quick, 4 day trip.  We’ve visited Oregon once before in 2009. 

In 2009 one of the places we didn’t have time to see was the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  We made sure to stop by this time. 

I have always liked factory tours and this one was just what I expected.  Lots and lots of cheese!
We saw gigantic hunks of cheese and the smaller, more manageable hunks like you buy in the grocery store.  

It was a fun self-tour with lots of free samples.
I usually don’t buy the Tillamook brand because we like the Walmart brand just fine.  But, after we got back home, I decided to do a taste test to see if we could taste any difference.  Final result,  hummmmm we kind of liked the Walmart brand better.  I was a little disappointed in the results.
Teri

10 comments:

  1. It's the huckleberry ice cream that they make that draws me in..... and I don't even like ice cream. Cheese... okay but expensive....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their cheese is expensive! Almost twice as much as WM.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry I once again missed going to Tillsmook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat Tillamook cheese...and their ice cream is great. We also had their breakfast one day...I would not pass that up again either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was close to dinner time when we were there so we passed on the ice cream parlor. We probably should buy some at the store and do a taste test!

      Delete
  4. Oh, also there is a great Mexican food place there...in a pink building...and you know how we like Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We found a Mexican restaurant very close to Farragut State Park. The owner is from McAllen! Finally can get the Mexican food we are used to.

      Delete
  5. We stopped there two years ago while in Oregon. Great tour and cheese samples at the end. We liked the ice cream parlor also. We do like Tillamook yogart over the others. It is reasonable priced at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even thought of trying the yogurt. I always buy the same brand. I need to get out of that rut!.

      Delete