Monday, March 4, 2013

Rattlesnake in the Road

On a recent waterfowl survey we drove around a corner and nearly ran over this Western Diamondback Rattlesnake.  I slammed on the brakes and backed up to find that we had indeed missed it.  Since it was already heading off of the road I shot these images through the windshield. I decided not to jump out and chase it!
Rattlesnake - Doubling back on itself
Rattlesnake - Heading off of the road

Rattlesnake - Going, going,...
Rattlesnake - Gone!

Mark

6 comments:

  1. I was always amazed at the size of the rattlesnakes at Laguna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those rattles! Is that one of Judy's "the end" shots? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! I should have added "The End".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Teri, that's why you were given those lovely gators to wear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way I was getting out of the truck!
      Teri

      Delete