Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fun work day

On one of our work days the biologist had some ‘manly’ work for Mark so I stayed in the office complex all day and worked on their library. They had a wall of book cases that had books shoved in willy-nilly. On the other side of the room they had built beautiful bookcases. My job was to move all the books from the old bookcases to the new bookcases and put them in some kind of order.


Old bookcases


New bookcases

There were also two banker boxes full of videos, that no one will ever watch. But, I got them organized too!


Sorting video tapes

I really enjoyed my day. I was able to interact with some of the staff here, which I haven’t been able to do before. The job took all day but the books are now in order.


Newly organized bookcases

A couple of hydrologist from New Mexico came to the refuge to set up water monitoring stations. Mark’s job was to set the legs for four wooden platforms to elevate the water gauging stations. I think he enjoyed his day out.



A few days later we put posts around the concrete benchmarks to make them visible to anyone mowing in the area.


Painting with reflective paint for visibility.


Mark pounding posts.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of work, Teri. And Mark, aren't they happy to have someone with your expertise?

    ReplyDelete